Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fried Salmon with Japanese Flavor Sauce

I did not like fried salmon although I love salmon sashimi. When it is fried, I felt the fish gets dry and tasteless. It was just a few years ago I realized dredging in flour prevents from losing salmon’s flavor and stays juicy. Since then I like fried salmon very much.
The other day I found a wild frozen salmon fillet from Alaska on sale. Today I decided to thaw it out and make Fried Salmon with Japanese Flavor Sauce. Usually I make tartar sauce for fried seafood. However, today I prepare a different sauce, so called, “Japanese Flavor Sauce”, using ginger, soy sauce, lemon juice and green onion. This sauce can be used for beef stake or pork sauté, too.

Ingredients (3-4 servings):
1 lb salmon
1 cup all-purpose flour or as needed

Japanese Flavor Sauce:
4 tsp soy sauce
4 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp minced green onion
Chill pepper

Directions:
1. Prepare Japanese Flavor Sauce. Place all of the ingredients for Japanese Flavor Sauce in a small bowel and mix well.
2. Cut the salmon pieces. Dredge them in the flour and coat well.
3. Heat oil in a fry pan. Place the salmon pieces and fly both sides on medium heat until the surfaces become brown.
4. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to low. Steam the salmon for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Take the salmon out of the pan and transfer them to serving plates. Pour this mixture over the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment