Thursday, September 17, 2009

Boiled Lobster

Boiled Lobster Lobsters in Greece are extremely tender, juicy and delicious. Unfortunately, they are very rare and expensive too. So when my husband and I found lobsters served at a restaurant in Amorgos Island, Greece, we were very excited. Most of the restaurants in Greece display fresh fish, shellfish, and meat, which are available on that day, in front of their kitchens. At that seafood restaurant, we are also welcomed to check their seafood. Sadly, the lobsters we saw were the last ones.
“Come back tomorrow. We may get them from a fisherman,” the chef said.
We came back the next day.
“I am sorry but no lobster today.”
Later, we tried again two times, but no luck.

Unluckily, my dream to eat a lobster in Greece did not come true during this summer. However, after my husband and I finished a small project for our house, we decided to celebrate with lobsters.

Our favorite local fish market carries live lobsters from Main. The store offers a boiling for the lobsters right in front of you with spicy Cajun seasoning. We bough two big lobsters and asked to boil them. They were fantastic with flavorsome Cajun seasoning. Of course, it can be also nice to simply boil and eat them in a Mediterranean way according to the following recipe.

Ingredients:
1 lobster
1 lemon
Extra virgin olive oil

Directions:
1. If the lobster is alive, put them head first into boiling water with a pinch of salt. Boil it for about 20 minutes.
2. Take the lobster from the boiling water. Remove the meat from the shell. Sprinkle the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! My favorite! I really love all kinds of seafoods, in fact I'm trying to build a sea food restaurant thats why I'm browsing for more delectable cuisines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan,

    It is so exciting to hear that you plan to open a seafood restaurant! I also love seafood since I was born in a country surrounded by the seas. My husband, who is native to Greece, taught me a various kinds of delicious seafood recipes from the Mediterranean region. I will post more seafood recipes on my blog. Hope they can give you some useful idea for your restaurant!

    ReplyDelete